Wednesday 17 June 2009

Hello, stranger. I don’t think we’ve met before.

The first things of everything should be introductory, so here goes the introductory first post.
My name is Reisha Annabelle Sinulingga, but for some reasons people call me Manson. Most people often fail to see how pleased I am to be called by my real name again. Omega is an alter ego, if you’d say so, though I cannot tell which one of me is the alter ego. I can’t believe how fake I am. Anyway, Omega was of course inspired by Marilyn Manson’s fourth studio album Omega & the Mechanical Animals, and the intriguing philosophy behind it.
I have just turned 20. I have spent 12 years of my youth studying in Bakti Mulya 400, and I’m currently a striving Advertising student in STIKOM The London School of Public Relations Jakarta.
I have a family and I love them. I manage a band and I love them. I have several close friends and I love them. But don’t get me wrong, of course everyone is a stranger.
I am nervous, awkward and obsessed. I’m fond of perfection. I get cranky during my not-so-occasional sleep deprivations. I am not the most sociable person yet strangely enough some people find me very friendly. I often still surprise myself by what I’m capable of doing, but I’m very observant at some points so everything should be alright.

I enjoy music, it’s always a good manner of escapism. I enjoy solitude. I enjoy reading the dictionary. I enjoy reading a dictionary while listening to music in my solitude.
I have been careful enough not to indulge myself in any manner of today’s youth hedonism. Of course it’s tempting, I’d be lying to say I was never tempted. But out of indelible idealism I will always try to preserve my lifelong sobriety for God knows how long.
I have not decided what this blog is going to be about (and probably never will). But whatever’s written here, they were once in my head. Of course I have stolen lines from famous people (preferably musicians), but then again, those lines were once popped into my head too, weren’t they? I have a habit of writing down whatever is in my head (including famous people’s lines) – whether it be thoughts, lyrics, obsessions, or any thing/word that popped into my head – though usually they would be on papers. But papers get lost at some point in their worldly existence, so, yeah.
I’m a total neophyte in this blog thing, but am eager to share my ambivalence through such virtual means. I accept comments, insults, protests, kudos and anything from any of you strangers who would care – but then again, you’re a stranger, so what do I care? *another line from famous musician stolen
One’s mind is what intrigues me best and I appreciate every opportunity to exchange thoughts with people alike.
So long, stranger.

Reisha

5 comments:

  1. "I accept comments, insults, protest, kudos and anything from any of you strangers who would care - but then again, you're a stranger, so what do I care?"

    What if the stranger is actually Barrack Obama, or Brian Hugh Warner, or Darth Vader, or even God Himself...would YOU care?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, you obviously didn't get my sarcasm...
    Of course I take each and every stranger into account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You're a stranger, so what do I care?" - it's a piece of lyric by A Perfect Circle, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I have been careful enough not to indulge myself in any manner of today’s youth hedonism."

    ...support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx a bunch Angga! Selama hidup saya, saya masih sober! Amin!

    ReplyDelete