Tuesday 14 July 2009

Some Stranger Demanded a New Post

It’s not like I’m some kind of writing machine, lad.

Oops, pardon my sarcasm. I thought no one reads this piece of shit blog.

What’s today’s theme?

Death? Entertainment? Deathtertainment? Dead people martyred on TV?

I still don’t get how people turn death into something profitable. That’s what you get if you die and the world is watching. Your relatives then turn your funeral into some kind of show. Isn’t that just sick? Aren’t funerals supposed to be sacred? Am I exaggerating? Imagine a worldwide live broadcast of strangers and freaks spend their worthy savings to see you get united with earth.

All the more reasons not to watch TV. Without any disrespect to the late King, I didn’t watch the funeral – for this very reason.

Fuck the media. (How ironic. Someday I’ll be working alongside the media. Ambivalence? Yes, get used to it.)

“If you die when there’s no one watching, then your ratings drop and you’re forgotten. If they kill you on their TV, you’re a martyr and a lamb of god.” Marilyn Manson, Lamb of God

Think about it and go back to sleep, strangers.

Yes, it’s all part of the idealism.

3 comments:

  1. nice job bout death-tertainment. it sounds good, even what conclude inside is all irony.

    the truth is, he was a legend. he brought inspiration to some, and im starting to enjoy his song (after his absence).

    haah, so much to say, so tiny small of media to shared it.

    see ya on the smile site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

    -Joseph Stalin

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dimas: Yes, he was a legend. I've enjoyed his music since I was very little.
    "im starting to enjoy his song (after his absence)" >> this is one of the reasons I wrote this, read the piece of lyrics that I quoted. People get even more famous ("martyred") after death - JFK, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Sid Vicious and so on. That's the irony. Blame the media for celebrating famous people's deaths.

    @We: Thank you I've heard that before, only I've known it as the lyrics to a song, "The Fight Song" by Marilyn Manson. Good point.

    ReplyDelete